Dalehead is a division of Tulip Ltd, one of the largest meat processors in the UK.
Dalehead operates five sites across the UK, supplying Waitrose with over 400 products, including fresh pork, bacon, sausage, cooked meats, lamb and added value products. Dalehead Foods was founded in 1969. In 1999, Dalehead merged with Roach Foods to form Flagship Foods Ltd, which became one of the leading pig meat processors in the UK. In 2004, Flagship Foods, which then comprised Roach Foods, Dalehead Foods and Flagship Fresh Meats, became part of the Danish Crown group of companies of which Tulip Ltd is a subsidiary.
The relationship between Dalehead Foods and Waitrose, which dates back to the 1980s, is based on mutual trust and shared values. Although Dalehead Foods is now a division of Tulip Ltd, the name continues as a means of underlining its commitment to the long-standing Dalehead/Waitrose partnership. The five Waitrose-dedicated sites include Stradbroke BQP, Spalding, Linton, Bury St. Edmunds and Corsham.
They are committed to working towards their core values and strive to integrate them into everything they do:
- We must delight our customers at every opportunity and be recognised as their best supplier
- We must embrace creativity and innovation to ensure a long term future for us all
- We must constantly look for ways to improve our business for the benefit of our colleagues, customers and all our stakeholders
- We must be a great company to work for
- We must be recognised as ‘Best in Class’